Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chelsea Parks


Chel Chel!
              I am so fortunate to have met Chelsea last summer. We were co-counselors together, and quite frankly had no idea what we were doing. Chelsea inspired me from the beginning in how she wholly relied on the Lord to instruct and guide us throughout the summer. She showed me that the Lord would use our inadequacies to bring himself glory and that all we needed to do was be open and willing to be used for His name and He would take care of the rest.
            Chels and I bonded pretty quickly over a mutual love and adoration of our campers. The way Chelsea loved our girls through her actions and in such a selfless manner was so encouraging to me. She helped me realize that love is not something that needs to be earned but is something we do because the Lord commands us to. Chelsea has such a beautiful way of loving impartially and selflessly. She always puts the Lord first, others second, and herself last. She has shown me that despite the sometimes tiring and hard work, it is absolutely worth it to follow Jesus with everything you have. She has encouraged me to see the beauty in the Lord’s discipline and in His perfect timing for absolutely everything.
            Chels has encouraged me so much in the way she acts boldly through the passions the Lord has laid on her heart. She inspires me to put my heart into everything I do and to never limit our infinite God. Chelsea’s awe and reverence for the Lord’s sovereignty and faithfulness is so uplifting to experience and hearing how the Lord is moving through her life is always such a joy.
            Chel Chel, I cannot thank you enough for all that you have helped show me about the Lord’s character. I want to encourage you to keep your eyes fixed on eternity and to keep being persistent with people. Never lose hope because the Lord is always faithful and has big plans for you. Always trust in His timing and continue to be a light for the Lord wherever you go.
 
I love you forever,
            Jor Jor

“You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.” – 2 Corinthians 3:2-3  

No comments:

Post a Comment